All authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit an extended version (short conference paper of a max. of 5 pages) for evaluation. All accepted short papers after the pre-conference peer-review process will be published as chapters in the conference proceedings by Springer. The registered author(s) of each accepted paper will receive a "Springer Certificate of Acceptance" certifying that the paper has been accepted for publication in the conference proceedings.
The proceedings of the 6th EMCEI will be published online on 31 December 2024 by Springer. All authors will receive a soft copy of the proceedings shortly after online publication.
The proceedings of 1st Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Environmental Integration (1st EMCEI) was published in the Springer/IEREK ASTI book series in November 2017. It gives a general and brief overview on current research focusing on emerging environmental issues and challenges and its applications to a variety of problems in the Euro-Mediterranean zone and surrounding regions. It contains over 580 carefully refereed short contributions to the conference. The 1st EMCEI proceedings is now indexed in Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S) and Scopus.
The proceedings of 2nd Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Environmental Integration (2nd EMCEI) was published in the Springer ESE book series in 2020. It also gives an overview on current research focusing on various environmental issues in the Euro-Mediterranean zone and surrounding regions. It contains three hundred and seventy-seven carefully refereed short contributions to the conference.
The proceedings of the 3rd EMCEI and 4th EMCEI will appear by the end of 2023.
The proceedings of the 5th EMCEI and 6th EMCEI will be made available in the SpringerLink Digital Library (on the EMCEI page) which is directly linked to Research Gate and will be published in Springer/IEREK ASTI series which is indexed in Scopus:
Note that authors of accepted papers in the conference proceedings (after the pre-conference peer review process) and who do not plan to attend the 5th EMCEI should register before the deadline of 10 April 2024 (see Important Dates and Registration).
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid before 10 April 2024 to cover the editorial handling and evaluation of your paper before publication in the conference proceedings (see Registration).
The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee. If you pay the fee and decide to attend the conference afterward, the paid amount will be deduced from your total registration fee.
The proceedings of the 6th EMCEI will consist of 13 sections (see Conference Tracks), and will be edited by the most active reviewers.
There are three types of oral communications:
- In-person PowerPoint (PPT) presentation of 13 minutes (followed by 2-minutes Q/A).
- Online (recorded) PPT presentation of 13 minutes (followed by 2-minutes Q/A).
- In-person e-Poster presentation of 8 minutes during a session of two hours.
Best Paper Awards
During the conference the best paper selected from each conference track, as judged by the session conveners, will receive awards (see Conference Tracks).
Decisions are based on the following criteria:
- Originality and newness of contribution
- Appropriate application of methodology
- Effective communication of the central ideas of the work
- Usefulness of the research in resolving environmental and/or societal problem(s) for more sustainability
The winning authors will receive the “EMCEI Award for Outstanding Paper,” and a bag personalized with the 6th EMCEI logo and an advertising message “Winner of the best conference paper at the 6th EMCEI – Marrakech 2024.” All winners will be presented with a commemorative certificate and will be acknowledged during the awards luncheon (see the Conference Program).
The most active reviewers and editors will also receive EMCEI awards and certificates of appreciation and will be acknowledged during the awards luncheon.
The 6th EMCEI scientific committee has agreed with the Editors-in-Chief of the following journals to publish high-quality topical collections (special issues) on cross-cutting themes from the earth and environmental sciences:
- Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (by University of Sfax, published by Springer).
- Ozone: Science & Engineering (by the International Ozone Association, published by Taylor & Francis).
- Community Ecology (by Akadémiai Kiadó, published by Springer).
- Earth Systems and Environment (by King Abdulaziz University, published by Springer).
- Journal of Umm Al-Qura University for Applied Sciences (by Umm Al-Qura University, published by Springer).
- Groundwater for Sustainable Development (by International Society of Groundwater for Sustainable Development, published by Elsevier).
- Open Chemistry (published by De Gruyter).
- Open Geosciences (published by De Gruyter).
- Land (published by MDPI).
- Applied Sciences (published by MDPI).
- Frontiers in Earth Science (published by Frontiers).
- Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution (published by Frontiers).
- Frontiers in Environmental Science (published by Frontiers).
Authors of the selected papers will be notified on 30 June 2024 to start preparing an extended version of their proceedings papers or accepted (short) abstracts (not extended and not published in the proceedings) for submission in one of these EMCEI special issues. All papers will be peer-reviewed by the editors of each journal before final acceptance for publication.